What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a skin rejuvenation technique that involves the use of a minimal invasive instrument. It is a non-chemical and non-invasive treatment to exfoliate the skin. It gently exfoliates the outer layer of the skin to brighten and even out discolored skin tones. I use a microdermabrasion machine that uses baking soda crystals that exfoliates the surface of the skin. Recovery time is very minimal even if you have sensitive skin. Normally, one experiences a slight redness of the skin following the procedure. Your skin will have a fresh appearance immediately following the treatment. Microdermabrasion treatments are recommended once a week for the first four weeks and then once a month for maintenance treatments.
Here are the many benefits of this treatment:
- Rejuvenates damaged skin
- Reduces lines and wrinkles
- Lightens age spots
- Cleans pores to reduce appearance of large pores
- Aides in product penetration
- Increases circulation
- Improves acne and acne scars
The treatment includes the following steps:
- cleansing the face with a mild facial cleanser
- application of toner
- the microdermabrasion is performed
- next a warm towel is applied to help open up the pores
- a custom mask is applied according to any specific skin concerns you may have
- then while relaxing a number of relaxing techniques can be performed (massage of hands, scalp, and feet or maybe some relaxing energy work)
- Finally, after about 20 minutes the mask is removed which completes the treatment
The results of microdermabrasion can be seen immediately. Just one microdermabrasion session can improve the skin’s color, tone, and health. After treatment, the face should have a fresh appearance and a smooth, soft texture. However, the microdermabrasion system is most effective when a patient receives multiple treatments.
$60 per treatment/approximate treatment time is 60 minutes